Fashion and style innovator and best-selling illustrated book author Alice Harris worked for many years in the fashion and music industries.
Harris is the author of three iconic compilation books that chronicle the history of the white T-shirt, the blue jean, and the world’s most influential weddings through an incredible selection of photographs and stories. Harris lives in New York City.
All of the author’s royalties from I Only Have Eyes for You, Blow Me a Kiss, The White T, The Blue Jean, and The Wedding Album are donated to the following respective charities:
- East Hampton Library advances literacy, knowledge, cultural engagement and understanding through its collections, services, innovative programs, historic preservation, virtual access and technology;
- Library for All is a non-profit organization that exists to unlock knowledge to those without access to books in developing countries;
- The Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) is the world’s first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy;
- The VH1 Save the Music Foundation seeks to restore music education programs in America’s public schools and raise awareness of the positive impact that music participation has on students;
- Jewelers for Children supports Make-A-Wish Foundation, National Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), Elisabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.